AgriDiatomSil is a fresh water, food-grade diatomaceous earth-derived organic insecticide that when used will induce the natural defense mechanism of the plant and increase resistance against insects and pests.
- AgriDiatomSil is a natural, safe, environmentally friendly and cost effective product for effective pest control.
- AgriDiatomSil is a natural pest control:
- It is 100% organic, non-toxic & safe.
- It acts on pests mechanically and not chemically.
- It works well with our other product, MegaSilica:
- Both products are organic, non-toxic, and of natural origin.
- They protect plants against insect, pests and fungal infection.
- Both our pest control and soil conditioner products will provide complete protection for the plants.
Mode of Action
- Pests are killed when they ingest pest control particles. Once particles adhere to the pest’s body, the lethal action begins.
- Dust formulations have a physical and biological mode of action.
- The particles damage the outer protective layer of the membrane:
- Plugging of spiracles
- Perforations of the walls of the trachea and tracheoles
- Separating hard shell from the soft body
- Absorption of wax, causing dehydration
- Starvation of the larvae
- Long-term effectiveness as it interrupts breeding cycle of the pests.
- There are reduced health risks for humans, animals & birds when compared to traditional pesticides.
- It is non-toxic and environmental friendly.
- It helps in improving crop production and reduces overall plant stress.
Foliar Spray: Should be applied before flowering (every 20 days for first 3 months, after that apply once every month)
- Mix 1 kilograms of product with 200 liters of water for 1 acre.
- Mix 10 kilograms of product with 2000 liters of water for over 10 acres.
- Agitate the tank frequently to prevent settling of solids.
- Use it to make a natural pest control paste.
- Apply properly to create a thin layer on all surfaces of the plant to prevent missing the cracks and crevices of the bark and under the loose scaly bark of the main stem.
- Pest control: 100 grams of powder per plant twice in a year (100 kilograms/acre).
- Soil conditioner: 100 gram granules per plant once in a year (100 kilograms/acre).